Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chocolate bliss...

Well, CUPS met on Wednesday, sort of, for our last official meeting that has to do with school. It occurred to Traci and I that we don't have anyone to take to preschool next year...Angus and Alli will be too young! BUT, we will probably have to go get groceries and mail parcels and pick up parts at Cenex, so CUPS will continue. The following year, however, will be a WILD time, because our oldest will be in school full-time, and when we drop the little 'uns off at preschool....WE WILL BE CHILD FREE FOR THREE HOURS. Can you imagine the trouble we can get into? And poor little Anne will be going through the toddler/two's/pottytraining/teething. She may need more than coffee in her cup. You know, Kahlua smells like coffee...

We didn't end up touring the greenhouse, as planned, because Miss Alli was with us, and Anne was not. (Anne went to Idaho for Mother's Day. On Tuesday. A bit early, don't you think? Perhaps she was avoiding us.... Oh, she called; FROM GREAT FALLS! and said she'd miss us, but she really didn't sound all that lonesome. And then she cut out. Fzzzzz..can't hear you...fzzzz...later, when we...fzzzz...)

We stopped at the Extension office to pick up the Chocolate Poundcake Supreme prize from Pohney. I didn't take a picture...I should have, but if I had taken the time to do that, Traci would've had a headstart on eating it, and I wasn't going to let that happen! We stopped at Ryans for a Diet Coke (Traci's. I won't defile my body with that.) and a Starbucks bottled Frappucino ( I WILL defile my body with THAT.) and crept up to the Presbyterian Church, to sample the cake.

A little note, here, on the poundcake. It should be called pounds cake, alright? Pounds. Here's what it tasted like...as best as I can describe it...a really large, powdered sugar dusted brownie, with just enough coconut in it to drop you to the floor with gratitude, but not so much as to overwhelm the chocolate. It was baked in the shape of sort of a ruffled heart. So, you could slice off little bit by little bit, swoon, lick all the crumbs off your hand and napkin, then slice another piece when your fellow CUP wasn't looking. That's right. We didn't even use forks. No time.

Traci brought all the attending members a coffee mug, to have at home and to remind us of all the good times we had this year. So nice! I've used mine twice now, and coffee does taste better in it. I hope Anne gets one, too, but since she didn't make the last meeting, I don't know if there's any guarantee on that.

Summer CUPS will be held on the decks of the club members, or in the gardens, and I think we're going to try to meet twice a month, if we can get organized. And we need to get cracking on the secret club handshake. I'm sure it will revolve around wiping chocolate crumbs off on the other member's hand...

7 comments:

  1. Anne! You not allowed to be 30 minutes away w/out notifying me! I was thinking today, outside, that I hadn't gotten around to calling your mom about drip and other misc gardening advice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and also....recipes! You will post recipes here as acquired, will you not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipes! Yes, we will be posting recipes!

    Or, maybe we should publish a cookbook and sell it for money. "Kitchen CUPS: A Pinch of This, A Smidge of That..."

    Or maybe both.

    Pohney? Chocolate Poundcake? We'll make you famous...

    (Did anyone but me think Emilio Esteves was crazy cool in Young Guns?) (That's where that line, "I'll make you famous.." came from, you know. Anyone?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....The Chocolate Coconut Poundcake Recipe...will definitely share for an invitation to a weekend or late afternoon C.U.P.S. as I work for Anne's husband, I wouldn't want to shirk my duties.
    Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I absolutely love this POUND cake...I think they must have called it pound for the pounds you add to your weigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the very definition of "extension" give you a little lee-way to do, say, a home demonstration for the office...officially.

    I'll have my people call your people...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely have your people call my people. Would love to demonstrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Miss Farmer's Wife I love your blog and thank you so much for your sweet comments on mine. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete